Windows Vista Microsoft admite falhanço do Vista PARTE 2: "Microsoft devia salvar-se o Vista"

ketamine

Power Member
Topico original: http://techzonept.com/showthread.php?t=150603

Why Microsoft must abandon Vista to save itself

While Vista was originally touted by Microsoft as the operating system savior we've all been waiting for, it has turned out to be one of the biggest blunders in technology. With a host of issues that are inexcusable and features that are taken from the Mac OS X and Linux playbook, Microsoft has once again lost sight of what we really want.

As we're more than aware, Vista Ultimate comes at a premium. For an additional $160 over the Premium SKU price, Ultimate gives you a complete backup and restore option, BitLocker Drive encryption, the ever so popular Windows Fax & Scan, and the "Ultimate Extras." But what started with a promise of "Extras" by summer, quickly turned into an apology from Microsoft and the eventual release of DreamScene and Windows Hold 'Em (among others) today. And while each of the "Extras" runs just fine, Microsoft's "Extras" blunder is just another reason why the company must abandon Vista before it's too late.

The first indication that Microsoft should abandon Vista is its poor sales figures. According to a recent report titled "Windows Vista Still Underperforming in U.S. Retail" from NPD, Vista sales are significantly behind XP sales during its early days. Even worse for Redmond, some are reverting to XP, citing issues with compatibility and overall design. And if that wasn't enough, Macs continue to surge and with the impending release of Leopard, Microsoft may be in for a rough holiday season.

With each passing day, it's becoming blatantly clear that Microsoft released Vista too early and the company's continual mistakes and promises that can't be kept are further annoying the Windows faithful.

Much talk has been given to Service Pack 1 and how this update should address many of the issues users have with Vista, but I simply don't agree. Will SP1 eliminate the ridiculous Microsoft licensing schemes? Will SP1 drop the price on the higher-end versions? Will SP1 eliminate the need for users to buy a new computer just to use the faulty OS?

SP1 will do nothing but fix the holes and issues we currently know about and create even more. As we all know from the days of Windows ME and even XP, Microsoft is not the best company at finding and addressing security issues, and chances are, Vista will be no different.

One significant problem that I have with Vista is its inclusion of new DRM, specifically the company's decision to install Protected Video Path. To prevent a person from copying (or in most cases, backing up) a movie, the operating system provides process isolation and if an unverified component is in use, the operating system shuts down DRM content. For the first time on any operating system, we're not even allowed to backup our favorite movies? Come on.

I also find it interesting that Microsoft decided to take the user access control concept from Mac OS X and make it much worse. Can someone please explain to me why I need to be asked if I wanted to do something entirely innocuous like open a third-party app from a well-known software company?

Never before have I seen such an abysmal start to an operating system release. For almost a year, people have been adopting Vista and becoming incensed by how poorly it operates. Not only does it cost too much, it requires more to run than XP, there is still poor driver support, and that draconian licensing scheme is a by-product of Microsoft picking on the wrong people.

The road ahead looks dangerous for Vista and Microsoft must realize that. With Mac OS X hot on its tail, Vista is simply not capable of competing at an OS level with some of the best software around. If Microsoft continues down this path, it will be Vista that will bring the software giant to its knees--not Bill Gates' departure.

Of course, categorically dumping an operating system is quite difficult and with millions already using the OS, chances are Microsoft won't find a good enough reason to do it. And while I can understand that argument, there's no reason the company can't continue to support Vista and go back to the drawing board for its next OS. Even better, go back to XP--it's not nearly as bad as Vista.

As a daily user of Mac OS X, Ubuntu and Vista, I'm keenly aware of what works and what doesn't. Mac and Linux work.

The time is up. Microsoft must abandon Vista and move on. It's the company's only chance at redemption.

Fonte: http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9785337-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

era previsível que o sistema operativo "maravilha" , que até já oferece downgrades para o xp, viesse a ter o mesmo "sucesso" que teve o anterior so "maravilha" que foi o win me....

era previsível que o sistema operativo "maravilha" , que até já oferece downgrades para o xp, viesse a ter o mesmo "sucesso" que teve o anterior so "maravilha" que foi o win me....

Eu sou um bocado "expert"(no sentido de ter trabalhado muito e conhecer essa geração de Windows) e sempre gostei do ME, para mim melhor que o 98SE, embora seja verdade que muitos dizem ser pior.

Para computadores antigos onde seja necessario o Windows 98/ME, nada melhor que o Windows ME instalado com o explorer do 95 atraves do software nlite.

Cumprimentos.

Estou perfeitamente de acordo com a comparação ME/Vista. :)

Tanto o ME como o Vista, quando saíram, não trouxeram nada de novo verdadeiramente importante. Aliado às incompatibilidades forçadas, o destino só podia ser o mesmo... (Mas ao menos o ME foi rapidamente abandonado)

Eu tnh o xp e tao cedo nao o mudo, este sim e um bom window pois melhor k este foi o 98 k adorei e no qual nunca tive problemas, e claro k os tempos eram outros e a tecnologia nao tava tao avançada como hoje em dia, quanto ao vista realmente nao vejo nada de novo mas e claro k com uns tweaks ali e acola torna-se melhor mas msm assim prefiro o xp pois ta bm maduro.

Bahhhhh. Até para mim que não morro de amores pelo Vista o artigo soa a biased. Claramente escrito por alguem que não diria bem dele mesmo que fosse uma maravilha.

Lol Mr. Brightside, essa parte do bias era tão óbvia que nem achei que valesse a pena referir...

É só ler o whisfull thinking desta frase:

And if that wasn't enough, Macs continue to surge and with the impending release of Leopard, Microsoft may be in for a rough holiday season.

Sure Bob, sure...

No entanto ele tem alguma razão em alguns pontos. Algumas coisas, tipo o DRM, foram um autêntico tiro no pé. Com uma peça de artilharia. Não me admirava mesmo nada que a seu tempo a MS subtilmente se livrasse do que implementou para não perder uns milhares de users. É que ninguem está para levar com os "humores" de nenhum OS.

Eu continuo na minha e axo k ainda e muito mas msm muito cedo para o Vista, mais um ano e pode ser k tal, axo k o ppl lembra-se cm foi com o xp ao inico nao se lembram?, ou qualquer outro windows. É esperar para ver, no entanto tbm espero o sp1 do vista para ver como ira ficar apos a sua instalação.

eu uso vista desde janeiro e tao cedo nao mudo :D

drivers? tenho de tudo

incompatibilidades? lol nao sei com que

problemas? 99% das vezes a culpa e do utilizador que e burro, depois culpam o sistema operativo..

consome muita ram? ainda bem.. gracas a isso os programas abrem bem mais rapido que no XP..

yeah right

p.s
nao li o texto, demaisado grande :P

eu uso vista desde janeiro e tao cedo nao mudo :D

drivers? tenho de tudo
Quais? Daqueles que te permitem a jogar jogos mais lentamente que no XP?
incompatibilidades? lol nao sei com que
Puxa pela cabeça.
problemas? 99% das vezes a culpa e do utilizador que e burro, depois culpam o sistema operativo..
Ah... então os utilizadores que tem problemas com o Windows Vista são todos burros. É uma boa maneira de encarar os problemas de software defeituoso e mal desenhado. "it's not a bug. it's a feature".
consome muita ram? ainda bem.. gracas a isso os programas abrem bem mais rapido que no XP..
Mais uma vez errado. Todos os sistemas operativos beneficiam de mais RAM. O problema do Windows Vista é que é impossível de se usar com menos de 1GB de RAM e precisa de mais que isso para ser utilizável normalmente. Simplesmente precisa de recursos ridiculamente volumosos para correr como o XP corre.

nao li o texto, demaisado grande :P

Daí só teres dito disparates.

Mais uma vez errado. Todos os sistemas operativos beneficiam de mais RAM. O problema do Windows Vista é que é impossível de se usar com menos de 1GB de RAM e precisa de mais que isso para ser utilizável normalmente. Simplesmente precisa de recursos ridiculamente volumosos para correr como o XP corre.

greatbunzinni:

não sei se leste um dos meus posts AQUI, onde falei da RAM com o user petersaints.
espreita lá sff, q tb acho q tu andas a disparatar:wow:

Última edição:
Eu tenho o Vista instalado so e unicamente para tirar proveito da minha placa gráfica caso contrario n tinha nenhum jogo em DX10.
Como tenho um sistema acima da media n noto nada a nível de lentidão a n ser no arranque.
Eu acho q devia de ser como o Win 98 fazerem uma SE e pronto resolvia-se o problema.

Back