FahMon 2.3.99.1 Released

DekkeR

Power Member
FahMon

FahMon is a small open-source tool (GPL license) that allows you to quickly know the progress of your Folding@Home client (or clients if you have multiple ones), avoiding you to open different files and/or to go to the Internet (for example to know how much is worth your current work unit). There exists other monitoring tools (such as Electron Microscope or FahLogStats), so if you don't like FahMon, have a look at them!

FahMon is entirely coded in C++ and uses the wonderful wxWidgets library, which allows FahMon to exists both for Windows and Linux. It is designed to be really easy to use, and you should thus not encounter any major problem.

* Easy monitoring of many clients
* Information on projects is read from a local file, an internet connection is thus required only when the user wants to update this file
* Estimated time of arrival
* Benchmarks of WUs are computed, and can be easily viewed by the user

Screenshots:

main.png

preferences.png

benchmarks.png

v2.2.0 (25/03/07)

• Added full monitoring support for GPU and SMP clients
  • Added SREM Gromacs (GROST) core support
  • Added PPD display per client, and total
  • Fixed bug which caused all unsaved settings to be lost when client was left running on an OS shutdown or logoff.
  • Fixed bugs which prevented code working correctly with gcc > 4 (thanks to ck_wong and goober_dvd for the patches)
  • A local file can now be used as a project data source, and the download parameters can be changed
  • Added a tray menu showing number of clients and PPD
  • Right click menu for clients now allows you to open the client folder in your file manager
  • Client list can be sorted by PPD and Status
  • Inaccessible clients can be included in sorting, by default they are always displayed last.
  • Web menu now includes a link to fahinfo.org, pointing to the relevant project information page

Download: Link (620 KB)
Folding Community Thread: Link

Última edição pelo moderador:
Pena o benchmarks.dat do 1.8.1b é incompatível com o do 2.0.0... :(

Fica com o processo fahmon.exe a 100% e a mamar RAM no task manager e ainda por cima não abre o GUI... :sad:

De resto vale o seu suporte em linux! :)

ElectricFox disse:
Pena o benchmarks.dat do 1.8.1b é incompatível com o do 2.0.0... :(

Fica com o processo fahmon.exe a 100% e a mamar RAM no task manager e ainda por cima não abre o GUI... :sad:

De resto vale o seu suporte em linux! :)
Pois.. isso também me aconteceu.

Já comuniquei isso ao coder do FahMon, assim como a opção para minimizar o FahMon para o tray :)

Resposta do coder em relação ao minimizar para o systrem tray:

athropos_666 disse:
This needs some very specific code, as Windows and Linux do not have the same behavior. I'll work on this for future versions, but for now you can use something like TrayIt!. You can also keep the previous version of FahMon until this feature is added.

Em relação ao facto do benchmarks.dat ser incompatível:

athropos_666 disse:
I should have precise it, all file formats have been changed to increase efficiency. As this version is entirely new, it was the right time to change the formats, I wouldn't have done it for version 1.x

Já agora, para quem estiver interessado em apresentar sugestões/críticas a esta nova versão ou apenas ir seguindo o seu desenvolvimento, pode registar-se no fórum da Folding Community, e consultar esta thread.

Última edição:
Sinceramente, vou aguardar por feedback...

Do que li até agora, não gostei! Adorava a simplicidade e o facto de não pesar nada no sistema. Não me parece nada ser o caso desta versão...

A ver vamos...

Um abraço [[[ ]]]

Bem,a mim so me deu problemas e os problemas foram:

- má indicaçao do ETA, ao desligar o Fahmon e ligar varias vezes, o ETA aumentava, lolol no minimo.
- má indicaçao do tempo for frame,dava me apenas o average e nao o minimo.
- tive tb umas crises sempre q desligava o pc,mas axo q era coisa aki da makina.

No entanto eu nao aconselho de maneira alguma,é giro sim senhor,mas a mim so me deu problemas.
Voltei a versao antiga q tinha,bem funcional e correcta.

Eu falo por mim claro,se a vos nao vos deu qq problema,entao força. :001:

Última edição:
Aqui ficam mais uns bugs do programa e a respectiva resposta do coder:
athropos_666 disse:
Mattus disse:
* I really miss the system tray icon. I know I can bring it back using TrayIt but that's another application I have to have running. Is it possible to feature a Windows tray icon in a later release.

I'll probably work on this, but I wanted to release this version even if it misses a few features. It has been completely rewritten, and the only way to find strange bugs is to have many people using this version ;-)

* The issue with the minimum and average frame times. Maybe borrowing code from the old version is in order..!

The older version is unable to compute an ETA when there is no complete frame available, this one is able to do it by extrapolating the duration of an incomplete frame. It should just not be used for average duration in those cases...

* There's a few minor things with resizing. If you change the width of the window, sometimes the pane with the list of computers becomes tiny and the pane with WU info goes huge.

I'll have a look at this, but this is managed by the wxWidgets sizers, so this can be a bug in the Windows version of this library (I never saw this under Linux with GTK2). Anyway, when you are happy with the size you have set, you don't change it anymore, do you? :-)

* One more thing about the benchmarks. The old version listed benchmarks with the name of the client you specified - this version seems to use the path ie. C:\Folding@Home? I haven't tried it but is this gonna be an issue if you have lots of computers with the same path to F@H?

By using the path as an identifier, you are now able to rename a client while keeping its benchmarks. I think that the location of a client is more robust than its name, but I can retrieve the name and display it as well in this dialog.

Thanks for your remarks :-)

v2.0.1 (29/09/05)

* Fixed the inability to sort the list of clients using the ETA as the sorting criterion
* Fixed the case where min. time / frame could be smaller than avg. time / frame
* The correct dialog icon is now used in the win32 version
* The name of a client is displayed instead of its location in the benchmarks dialog, if possible

Win32: Link (675KB)
Source: Link (134KB)

ja actualizei...btw o eta pra mim aparece me correcto..e o programa nao e nada pesado..aqui usa 2mb de ram e 0% de cpu...vejam la isso :X EMIII xau xau :D

v2.0.2 (15/10/05)

* Added support for proxies that require authentication
* Added support for a system tray icon
* Fixed the bug that caused a blank window of Internet Explorer to appear in the win32 version
* Miscellaneous small changes

Win32: Link (662KB)
Source: Link (134KB)

YES! Support para o System Tray!!!
YES!!!!!!

Info: para minimizar para o tray, basta clixar no icone :)

Última edição:
Back