A Indústria dos Videojogos - Tópico Geral (notícias, artigos, opiniões, análises)

Mais de 1/4 da subscrições atuais.

xrd-exrd.gif

Over Two Million Players Sign Up for World of Warcraft's Return to China
Within two days of NetEase announcing a renewal of their partnership to bring Blizzard games back to China, over two million players have pre-registered, 147,000 accounts reactivated, 92,000 accounts recovered, and Blizzard China has received 1,000+ resumes!

While restoring service to other Blizzard games including Hearthstone, Overwatch, Starcraft, Diablo, and Heroes of the Storm, the response for WoW has been overwhelming.

O título é puro clickbait mas a discussão (e as repostas que o tweet original recebeu :D) é interessante.

Former Blizzard boss wants fans to “tip” developers for games like ‘Baldur’s Gate 3’

Taking to social media Ybarra, who stepped down from Blizzard earlier this year, explained that he wanted the option to “tip” developers after completing a game.

“When I beat a game, there are some that just leave me in awe of how amazing the experience was. At the end of the game, I’ve often thought ‘I wish I could give these folks another £8 ($10) or £16 ($20) because it was worth more than my initial £56 ($70) and they didn’t try to nickel and dime me every second’,” he explained.

He then went on to praise Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, Baldur’s Gate 3 and Elden Ring. “I know $70 is already a lot, but it’s an option at the end of the game I wish I had at times. Some games are that special.”

He went on to admit that “many” will dislike the idea though.

“Or you could share more of the profit with the devs instead of asking more from the consumer,” wrote one fan, with another adding: “I often play a game and am disappointed. Can I get my money back?”

Earlier this year, Ubisoft defended the £50 price tag for live-service title Skull & Bones, calling it a quadruple-A game while Saber Interactive CEO Matthew Karch has told IGN he believes that price-point will go the way of the Dodo. “I just don’t think it’s sustainable”.

Ybarra’s departure from Blizzard came as 1900 members of staff were let go from a number of Activision Blizzard studios. Microsoft also confirmed that the survival game Blizzard announced in 2022 has been cancelled with some members of staff shifting to work on “one of several promising new projects Blizzard has in the early stages of development.”

Hitting out at the number of layoffs across the gaming industry, Larian’s head of production David Walgrave said onstage at the DICE Awards: “There’s an expression in Dutch—’honesty lasts longest. We don’t make decisions where we think ‘this could make us the most money’ [because] in the long run, building a community, building a playerbase, building games that are actually fun is going to make you the most money, that’s it.”

Isso chama-se dlc. O monetizar a boa vontade. E antes que alguém fale do mau exemplo da Ubi de monetizar single players ,eu relembro de como a Bioware teve múltiplos dlcs de armas e armaduras para o ME2 e nunca me senti chulado quando os comprei todos para o ME2 porque adorei o jogo. E até o Pinnacle Station comprei para o ME1.

Ou cosméticos, muitos deles já custam os olhos da cara, o ROI desses artigos deve ser colossal.
Introduzir a cultura do tipping neste mundo é mais um sonho molhado para esta gente.
Para que pagar salários quando podes argumentar que vao ser pagos em gorjeta lol.

Isto faz lembrar o esquema dos restaurantes que já chegou a Portugal, e mesmo que isto alguma vez fosse implementado como sei que o dinheiro chegaria à pessoa X, a empresa do jogo ia ficar com uma fatia?

Isto parece mais conversa para agradar a investidor para ver se saca um bom cargo.

Última edição:
como a Bioware teve múltiplos dlcs de armas e armaduras para o ME2 e nunca me senti chulado quando os comprei todos para o ME2 porque adorei o jogo.

E entretanto saiu a Legendary Edition com esses dlc's todos.
O que também tem sido costume e ainda bem que é assim.

Introduzir a cultura do tipping neste mundo é mais um sonho molhado para esta gente.
Para que pagar salários quando podes argumentar que vao ser pagos em gorjeta lol.

São Americanisses que na UE simplesmente não tem cabimento.
Quer dizer já fazem o choradinho que os jogos são caros de produzir, dai os preços deles ao público.
Se agora começarem a dar gorjetas aos devs então ai o jogo já não fica mais caro para o público ?

'Grand Theft Auto' publisher Take-Two Interactive to lay off 5% of staff

Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO.O) will lay off about 5% of its workforce, the publisher of the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise said on Tuesday, as the gaming industry extends its job cuts from the past two years into 2024.
The company said it would also scrap several projects that are in development as part of a cost-reduction plan, which is expected to lead to total charges of $160 million to $200 million.

The plan is expected to be largely complete by Dec. 31, 2024, it added.

Fallout 4 jumps to No.1 across Europe following TV show launch​

Four Fallout games in the European Top Ten

Data by Christopher Dring Head of Games B2B

Sales of Fallout games have shot up across Europe, with Fallout 4 reclaiming the No.1 spot.
The 2015 game’s sales rose over 7,500% week-on-week across Europe. This is GSD data that tracks digital game sales across all European markets, and physical sales across all major European countries (including UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain).
This is due to some heavy discounting on games in the Fallout franchise across all platforms. It’s all designed to tie-in with the Fallout TV show, which has proven to be a smash hit on Amazon Prime.

The majority of Fallout 4’s sales this week were on PC, representing 69% of all sales, with the rest on PlayStation and Xbox. However, it’s worth noting that the game is freely available to subscribers of Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Plus Extra (and that data is not included here). It's also available to Amazon Luna users.

Meanwhile, Fallout 76 comes in at No.8, with 85% of sales on PC (again, the game is on Game Pass and PS Plus). Fallout: New Vegas is at No.9 and Fallout 3 makes No.10.

Further down the charts, the Fallout Classic Collection is up to No.43, Fallout 2 is at No.57 and Fallout makes No.70.
With continued popularity of the Fallout TV series this week, expect the games to hang around for a while to come.

European Weekly Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
2Helldivers 2 (Sony)
3EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
4Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
5Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision Blizzard)
6Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
7Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
8Fallout 76 (Bethesda)
9Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda)
10Fallout 3 (Bethesda)

GSD digital data includes games from participating companies sold via Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo Eshop. Major participating companies are Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Codemasters, Electronic Arts, Embracer Group (including Gearbox, Koch Media, Sabre Interactive), Focus Entertainment, Konami, Marvellous Games, Microids, Microsoft (including Bethesda), Milestone, Nacon, Paradox Interactive, Quantic Dream, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take-Two, Tencent, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Nintendo and 505 Games are the notable absentees, alongside smaller studios.
Digital data includes games sold in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and United Kingdom.
Physical data includes all games, but only those sold in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

Podes não gostar do formato, mas o conteúdo é 1000x mais genuíno do que um "kinda funny games" da vida, por exemplo.

Genuino? Engagement Baiting a gamers™ com polémicas da treta das redes sociais é genuinidade? Só cai quem quer. Basta dar uma vista de olhos nos últimos 10/20 videos e percebe-se logo...

Quanto ao kinda funny, nem sequer vejo ou sigo por isso... Mas certamente haverão muito melhores canais do que esse que postaram aí, sem entrarem em assuntos que só servem o propósito de polarizar ainda mais.

Eu sigo zero youtubers a falar de "notícias" por essa mesma razão. Desenquadram-te completamente, puxam para o lado que quiserem com uma facilidade tremenda.

Genuino? Engagement Baiting a gamers™ com polémicas da treta das redes sociais é genuinidade? Só cai quem quer. Basta dar uma vista de olhos nos últimos 10/20 videos e percebe-se logo...

Quanto ao kinda funny, nem sequer vejo ou sigo por isso... Mas certamente haverão muito melhores canais do que esse que postaram aí, sem entrarem em assuntos que só servem o propósito de polarizar ainda mais.

Eu sigo zero youtubers a falar de "notícias" por essa mesma razão. Desenquadram-te completamente, puxam para o lado que quiserem com uma facilidade tremenda.
E mesmo com esse clickbait, é 1000x mais genuíno que os canais/media tradicionais, que ou têm uma certa agenda por trás, ou ligações a determinado estúdio que não querem perturbar, com (por exemplo) leaks, etc. :Winkani:

Gaming giant Embracer Group is splitting into three companies​

Swedish gaming conglomerate Embracer Group announced plans on Monday to split itself into three distinct games and entertainment companies: Asmodee Group, Coffee Stain & Friends, and Middle-earth Enterprises & Friends. These will be separate, publicly listed companies, according to Embracer, which says the move will allow “each entity to better focus on their respective core strategies and offer more differentiated and distinct equity stories for existing and new shareholders.”
  • Middle-earth Enterprises & Friends: This company, which will be renamed from Embracer Group, is described as a “creative powerhouse in AAA game development and publishing” that will retain ownership of the Dead Island, Killing Floor, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Tomb Raider, and The Lord of the Rings IPs.
  • Asmodee Group: a new arm dedicated to publishing and distributing tabletop games. The existing catalog includes established titles like Ticket to Ride, 7 Wonders, Azul, CATAN, Dobble, and Exploding Kittens. Asmodee is also developing licensed tabletop games based on The Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Game of Thrones, and Star Wars franchises. Embracer anticipates the spinoff and share listings will take place “within 12 months.”
  • Coffee Stain & Friends: described as a “diverse gaming entity” that will focus on indie, mid-market, and free-to-play games. Properties sitting under this new company include Deep Rock Galactic, Goat Simulator, Satisfactory, Wreckfest, Teardown, and Valheim. The share listings are projected to become available in 2025.
https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/22/...ting-three-companies-middle-earth-enterprises

Back