OpenSolaris released

so por piada estive a ver o codigo durante 5min e já encontrei um mini-bugzito.
no cat.c (source do cat), na linha 317 se der erro a fazer a fechar o stdout, ele faz output duma msg de erro mas sem nova linha, o que resulta em algo do tipo:

"cat: close erroruser@host: ~/ >"

o que fica um bocado feio :P

mas sem gozos, excelente jogada da sun, o solaris é um excelente SO e cada vez mais "usavel" em desktop também, e recomendo a experimentar (quem nunca experimentou), nem que seja só pela piada, quem sabe, pode ser que goste :)

A 1ª distro de OpenSolaris já está cá fora.

17. June 2005 :: Release of SchilliX 0.1

We proudly present to you the first release of SchilliX 0.1.

After the OpenSolaris release on the 14. June 2005 SchilliX is the first distribution using this code under CDDL.

Highlights:

* In 30sec fron bootmanager to multiuser login prompt (HD-boot)
* Booting from CD or USB-Stick.
* Installs to your harddisk
* Self healing Services

Software:

* cdrecord
* star
* bash
* bz2
* fakeroot
* gmake
* gpatch
* gtar
* gzip
* pod2man
* texinfo
* unzip
* wget
* gcc-3.4.3
* all Schilly tools
* smake as /usr/ccs/bin/make
* ... more to come

http://schillix.berlios.de/

Pics -> http://www.hup.hu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9048&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

Download -> ftp://ftp.uni-ulm.de/mirrors/schillix/

source da noticia -> http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=10896

É um livecd.
Não demorou muito para aparecer a 1ª distro.

encomendei um cd a poucos dias.. para experimentar.. desiludiu-me o facto de nao encontrar layout de teclado tuga... so ter portugues do brasil... coisas assim. k me deixam a pensar k falta uma comunidade por tras deste so.. k no entanto me parece ter um grande potencial.

encomendei um cd a poucos dias.. para experimentar.. desiludiu-me o facto de nao encontrar layout de teclado tuga... so ter portugues do brasil... coisas assim. k me deixam a pensar k falta uma comunidade por tras deste so.. k no entanto me parece ter um grande potencial.

Deves ter visto mal. Nem que tenha outro nome, mas tem de certeza, todos os solaris têm...

O projecto não está parado ...

OpenSolaris 2008.05 - Release Notes
OpenSolaris 2008.05 is a single CD combined live/install image: a core operating system, kernel, system libraries, a desktop environment and a package management system.
The contents of the OpenSolaris™ 2008.05 Live Media Image are governed by the Common Development and Distribution License Version 1.0 with the exception of certain portions under other licenses (such as the OpenSolaris Binary License) as provided in the OpenSolaris Live Media License file included with the software and displayed when booting the Live Media Image. The additional software available from the OpenSolaris Package Repository and not included on the Live Media Image is governed by the licenses provided in the OpenSolaris Package Repository License file and/or in the individual software packages. All of these licenses permit use, copying and redistribution of the software.
FTP & BitTorrent:
e builds quinzenais assim o demonstram
OpenSolaris 2008.11 Development Builds
Development builds are being released on a bi-weekly basis for work towards the next release of OpenSolaris, 2008.11. These updates have undergone limited testing, and thus may contain instabilities, and thus not recommended for inexperienced users. It is possible to update to these from an existing 2008.05 install using the pkg image-update command - please refer to the announcement for details of how to update. Additionally, torrents and ISO images are also available for those wanting to install the latest development base rather than upgrade from an existing install.​
Agora, acerca do teclado, julgo que oficialmente não há suporte i18n (pt-pt) ... agora layout do teclado, acho estranho.

Última edição:
Back